Wednesday, May 1, 2013

'Murica! The Air Force Inspired Long Shot

Hello again everyone!
We are extremely excited to show off our newest creation and commission! I'm going to admit we had our doubts about how it would turn out while we were working on it, but in the end it became another stunner; dear to our heart, and it will be missed as it goes off into the wild blue yonder.

My wife's sister's husband is the one who commissioned us to make this for his brother's birthday. We got the idea when thinking about the commissioner, who was enrolled in the ROTC for the Air Force. We figured something a little more personalized would be awesome to see. The best part is that he has no idea what we've done to it yet. He just told us he wanted one of the 'big Nerf rifles'. So I'm sure he will be just as surprised as his brother.

Anyway, without further ado, here it is:






10 comments:

  1. As a former blue suiter. I have to ask, what were you going for? I am guessing you went for a battle scarred 50's aircraft look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going for an older almost WWII look. My wife found the pictures online I used for reference, I wasn't sure where she got them, but I liked the style, though her father, who was in the Navy, said the color scheme did more resemble Navy aircraft of the WWII era. I was still inspired by the Air Force. I don't know if I may have lost something along the way though, as I am not extremely well versed in my armed forces and their histories.

      Delete
    2. Fellow aircraft mechanic, huh?
      I have to agree, except for the badge, (star and stripes), nothing about this immediately says "Air Force". I'd like to give you another shot at it by asking for a commission, if you have the time?
      Same weapon, different scheme?
      chet_beeson@gmail.com if you are interested.

      Delete
    3. No-I was an SP: so a AF paint job for me would have been Camo with a stenciled "USAF DEFENDER" on the side.

      Delete
    4. Hey Chet, if you read this. I tried emailing you but got a failure notice. email me at theneocreations@gmail.com if you can

      Delete
  2. Yeah, That's what I was thinking too-it resembled the USN aircraft of WW2.
    Wll, if it's any help, all modern USAF aircraft are painted a color called "Air Superiority Grey" in different shades, and before that, they were painted in 1 of two Camo schemes-called South East Asia and NATO 1.
    Adding to the confusion, the USAF has it's own uniform camo pattern too.
    All the same, it's a beautiful paint job, and should make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you want to see some military aircraft history, take a short trip up to the museum in Roy. It's truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ben! Does it shoot as well as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of time constraints I was unable to do any internal mods. So it is still stock inside.

      Delete